Dr. Toh Keng Kiat
Consultant in Haematology & Internal Medicine
Assoc. Prof. (Practice)
FAMS, FISH, MBBS (SG) MRCP (UK), FRCP (E), FRCP (G), FRCP (LON), Physician (Haematology)
About Dr. Toh
Language Spoken: English
Department: Haematology & Internal Medicine
Participated in Singapore’s first private cord blood bank and is the current the Medical Director of Cryoviva Singapore, a cord blood and tissue bank with activities in the Middle East, India, Thailand, Singapore and South-East Asia. Served in public health service until he started his own consultancy practice in the private sector in haematology and oncology.
Clinical Interests & Contributions
Due to Dr Toh’s efforts in exploring to start bone marrow transplants in Singapore in Hammersmith Hospital and Edinburgh, his group were the first to carry out 2 such transplants in Mt.Elizabeth Hospital in the private sector. Since then, Bone Marrow transplants have become commonly done in Singapore’s private sector.
His love of academic medicine has been expressed by his being a part of Monash University as Associate Professor (Practice) in the Malaysian Johor Bahru campus, actively lecturing and tutoring students in clinical medicine and is regularly an examiner at the university since 2007.
Dr Toh’s caring nature found its expression in the several Community Services he worked in. A CCC chairman, he was nominated a Member of Parliament and served from 1992 to 1994. Dr Toh was a Rotarian and led the Singapore Rotary Club in the International Rotary Convention here in 1999. He has served as a member of the Christian Brothers’ Schools Board for nearly 30 years. He received a Gold Medal for his services from Alumni Association of medical graduates in 2019 for his services. Working with clinical research organisations as a consultant, Dr Toh has published multiple medical journals regarding haematology and more.
He maintains a consultancy practice in haematology to date.
Fellow, Royal College of Physicians of London
Fellow, Royal College of Physicians of Glasgow
Fellow, Royal College of Physicians of Edinburgh
Fellow, International Society of Haematology
Fellow, Academy of Medicine, Singapore
Member, Royal College of Physicians (UK)
Bachelor of Surgery, University of Singapore
Bachelor of Medicine, University of Singapore
Research & Publications
See my Research & Publications
26. SMC20160908-3A-0016 New England Journal of Medicine - CordBlood Transplantation in Patients with Minimal Residual Disease 08/09/2016
27. SMC20160830-1B-0011Principles of Immunology, it's Practice in Cancer Therapy 15/09/2016
28. The 21st Annual Congress of APBMT 2016 Enhancing Blood Stem Cell Transplantation
Academia, Singapore General Hospital Campus 28-30 October 2016
29. SMC20161024-1B-0011 Anticoagulants: Lab Monitoring & Reversal 11/11/2016 Page 7 of 8.
31. SMC20180220-3A-0029 New England Journal of Medicine - Edoxaban for Treatment of Cancer-Associated Venous Thromboembolism 20/02/2018
32. SMC20180420-1B-0037 Targeted Therapies In Lymphoma 25/05/2018
33. SMC20180503-1B-0005 Updates in Haematology 07/07/2018
34. SMC20180827-3A-0008 New England Journal of Medicine - Rivaroxaban for Thromboprophylaxis after Hospitaliztion for Medical Illness 27/08/2018
35. SMC20180905-3A-0008 New England Journal of Medicine - Emicizumab Prophylaxis in Patients who have Haemophilia A without Inhibitors 05/09/2018
36. SMC20180824-1B-0014 Critical Bleeding and Massive 14/09/2018
37. SMC20181002-3A-0074 New England Jourmal of Medicine - Rituximab plus Lenalidomide in Advanced Untreated Follicular Lymphoma 02/10/2018
38. SMC20180920-1B-0009 Diagnosis and Management of Deep Vein Thrombosis – Case Presentations 17/10/2018
39. SMC20181114-3A-0027 New England Journal of Medicine - Daratumumab for Delayed Red Cell Engraftment after Allogeneic Transplantation 14/11/2018
40. SMC20190506-3A-0006 New England Journal of Medicine - Frontiers in Medicine: Stem Cells in the Treatment of Disease 06/05/2019
41. SMC20190823-3A-0051 New England Journal of Medicine - Warm Autoimmune Hemolytic Anemia 23/08/2019